All travellers require a passport valid for at least 6 months after the period of intended stay in Hong Kong as well as evidence of a return ticket. Visa regulations vary a lot according to nationality. Travellers holding a British passport may stay for up to 6 months without a visa with those holding passports of British Dependant Territories being permitted up to 3 months stay without a visa. USA and EU nationals do not require a visa for a stay of up to 3 months. For any other visa or immigration related information you should contact the nearest local Hong Kong Government Office.


Visa and Immigration enquiries should be directed towards the local Hong Kong Tourism Board Office:

Hong Kong Tourism Board
6th Floor 
Mutual House
70 Conduit street

Tel: 0207 432 7700 
Fax: 0207 432 7701

If you require UK representation while abroad you should contact the British Consulate General, it is worth. Noting that Hong Kong is a Special

Administrative Region of China so you may need to contact the British Embassy in China for some services:
Hong Kong British Consulate General 
No 1 Supreme Court Road 
Central: Hong Kong  
P O Box 528 
Tel: + [852] 2901 3000 
Fax: + [852] 2901 3007/8 

Tourist information can be provided by the Hong Kong Tourist Board:

Hong Kong Tourism Board 
6 Grafton Street 
W1S 4EQ 
Tel. 020 7533 7100 
Fax.020 7533 7111