You will need a valid passport for the duration of your stay in Mexico. In addition, you will need an EFT card which essentially functions like a 90 day tourist visa. These are available from border crossings, Mexican consulates, Mexican international airports and onboard planes arriving in Mexico. If you are flying to Mexico you will normally be issued an EFT free of charge, otherwise the usual cost is �15 and they can be issued on the spot.


The Mexican Embassy is located in London and should be contacted for visa information should you be staying for longer than 90 days or if you intend to work whilst you are in Mexico. You can find the Mexican Embassy at:

Embassy of the United Mexican States
16 St. George Street
Hanover Square
Tel: (020) 7 499 8586
Fax: (020) 7 495 4035
Mexican Embassy Website

The Consulate deals with all enquires relating to work and visas for foreign nationals visiting Mexico.

Consular Section
8 Halkin Street
Tel: (020) 7 201 0961

While you are in Mexico you can find UK representation at the British Embassy:

British Embassy
Rio Usumacinta 26
Col Cuauht�moc
06500 Mexico DF
Tel: + [52] (55) 5242 8500
Fax: + [52] (5) 5242 8523
British Embassy in Mexico Website

In case of a real emergency concerning a British citizen call the British Embassy on (+52) (55) 5242-8500.

There are also British Consulates in Acapulco, Ciudad Ju�rez, Guadalajara, M�rida, Monterrey, Cancun, Oaxaca, Tampico, Tijuana and Veracruz.