A valid passport or EU identity card is required for the duration of your stay in Finland. As Finland is an EU member state holders of a USA or EU passport do not require a visa for a stay of up to 3 months. If you intend working while you are in Finland you should contact the Finnish Embassy to arrange the appropriate documentation.


The Finnish Youth Hostel Association offers information on budget accommodation for travellers to Finland:

Finnish Hostel Association  
Yrj�nkatu 38B 
00100 Helsinki 
Tel: +358-(0)9-565 7150 
Fax: +358-(0)9-565 7150

For visa and immigration related enquiries you should contact the Finnish Embassy:

Embassy of the Republic of Finland
38 Chesham Place 
Tel: (020) 7 838 6200 
Fax (020) 7 235 3680

If you require UK representation while you are in Finland you should contact the British Embassy:

British Embassy 
Itainen Puistotie 17 
00140 Helsinki 
Tel: +[358] (9) 22 86 51 00 
Fax: + [358] (9) 22 86 52 62 
email: info@ukembassy.fi