A valid passport is required for the duration of your stay and a return ticket is required. For short stays, EU passport holders will not require a visa but for more extended stays or for working in Canada you will need to contact the Canadian High Commission to obtain the correct documentation. More details can be found at the Canadian High Commission�s website.


The Canadian high commission can offer you detailed information on Visa and entry requirements and is the place to apply for visas.

Canadian High Commission
38 Grosvenor Square
W1X 0AA.
Visas and Immigration: Tel: (020) 7 258 6600
General Enquiries. (020) 7258 6601
Immigration & Visas. Fax: (020) 7 258 6333.

British representation in Canada is very good and you can find the British High Commission at:

British High Commission
80 Elgin Street
K1P 5K7
Tel: (613) 237 1530
Fax: (613) 237 7980

In addition Consulates can be found in Edmonton, Halifax/Dartmouth, Montreal, Quebec City, St John’s, Toronto, Vancouver, and Winnipeg.