All visitors to Australia require a passport valid for the duration of their stay. Members of the EU and US nationals are eligible for a special electronic visa called an ETA valid for a stay of up to 3 months. These ETAs are machine readable and invisible to the human eye, they can be obtained from airlines, travel agents or in some cases online at Visitors countries not eligible for ETAs or those wishing to stay longer than 3 months will have to apply for an ordinary visa which is available from your local Australian High Commision.


Visa and immigration related enquiries should be directed to the nearest Australian High Commission:

High Commission for the Commonwealth of Australia 
Australia House 
The Strand 
Tel: (020) 7 379 4334 
Fax: (020) 7 413 0653 

If you require British representation while abroad you should contact the nearest British Embassy or Consulate:

British High Commission 
Commonwealth Avenue 
Canberra ACT 2600 
Tel: + [61] (2) 6270 6666 
Fax:+ [61] (2) 6273 3236 

Tourist Information is dispensed by the Australian Tourist Commission:

Australian Tourist Commission 
Gemini House 
10 - 18 Putney Hill 
Tel: (0181) 780 2227-9 
Fax: (0181) 780 1496.