Russian is the most common language in Ukraine although in the south-west region of the country locals speak Ukrainian.
- Pryvit (Ukrainian) Zdravstvuite (Russian)
- Hello (informal)
- Zdrastuy (Ukrainian) Zdorovo (Russian)
- Do pobachennya (Ukrainian) Do svidanja (Russian)
- Goodbye (informal)
- Prosh-chavay (Ukrainian) Proshyai (Russian)
- Proshu (Ukrainian) Pozhaluista (Russian)
- Dyakooyu (Ukrainian) Spasibo (Russian)
- How are you?
- Yak mayetes? (Ukrainian) Kak dyela? (Russian)
- Do you speak English?
- Chi vi hororite po-angliskih? (Ukrainian) Vy ponimayete po-angliski? (Russian)
- I don't understand
- Ya ne razumiyu (Ukrainian) Nye panimay (Russian)
- What is your name?
- Yak vy nazyvayetsya? (Ukrainian) Kak vas zavut? (Russian)
- My name is...
- Mene zavut... (Ukrainian) Menya zavut... (Russian)