THAILAND

OH COME ON!!! Please, I have been sadly disillusioned after a month here. Pattaya is, in fact a dirty, smelly, polluted, and traffic ridden! The lauded beaches are very average and blue sky is a rarity. I know its third world BUT... people here seem to have no civic pride, roadsides are rubbish tips, building sites everywhere, endless ad hoardings, electrical system like India, sewage on some streets... I could go on!
This post is to put a bit of balance into the Pollyanna views I see here - it is NOT "the most beautiful country on earth" even tho' it may be very beautiful in places - far away from civilization.

Posted by Jim Gregory, 15th January 2012

I think Thailand is the most beautiful country in the world.

Posted by karuny, 27th November 2010

Love Thailand, love the Islands. If you are going get a copy of speakeasy-thai, it helps a lot.

Posted by James, 04th July 2008

Thailand is beautiful. If anyone wants to volunteer with animals, gap year worldwide has awesome placements.

Posted by Emily Homes, 08th March 2008

I just ran across this thread and I have to say that the BeachLife trips are definitely all what they're hyped up to be. I had the best time, way better than I could have imagined it to be. I went on their Bali trip, and I would definitely do it again. A couple friends did the BeachLife Thailand trip in 06 and said they loved it, I think that might even be my next choice.

Cheers.

Travis

Posted by Travis Lyster, 25th September 2007

It's called the land of smiles and that's what it is.

Posted by john soden, 10th September 2007

A trip to Thailand with my friends turned about to be one of the greatest trips ever for us!

I think one other thing that helped was staying at Khao Sarn road, where we met alot of backpackers as well and it was all a very friendly atmosphere.

The things that I can think of that would make a great holiday include:

The Grand palace - without getting scammed of course!

The "Muay Thai" - fascinating how fun boxing can be with a Thai crowd

Enjoyin the pubs on Khao Sarn road with your friends. Great fun indeed.

Getting tailor made clothes at such cheap prices. We got ours at Crown Tailors on sukhumvit soi 8.

Visiting MBK for plenty of t-shirts and pants.

And definetely try a tuk tuk ride. You're sure to be in for a scary ride!

Posted by Lucas B Thomp, 03rd May 2007

I definitely agree. I did the same trip and loved it (except i did Bali).

Posted by Jennifer Collins, 15th December 2006

Thailand is amazing to say the least, I loved every minute of it. I went with a few friends on trip put on by BeachLife Holidays, it was perfect for us, and I can honestly say it would be perfect for the experienced travelers... or unexperienced. There trips were flexible allowing me to do whatever i liked, I liked that.

Anyways, just thought I would throw a recommendation out there for anyone that might be interested.

Check out their website: www.beachlifeholidays.com

Happy travels :)

Posted by Matt Wearing, 21st August 2006
Full Name
Email Address
Comments
Photograph

Your email address is required so we can verify that the comment is genuine. It will not be posted anywhere on the site, will be stored confidentially by us and never given out to any third party.

Please note that any viewpoints published here as comments are user's views and not the views of The Guides Network (Fubra Ltd)