COLOMBIA

I`ve been travelling for more than 4 months in Colombia and I would like to recommend you to visit the "Eje Cafetero", specially Filandia. Even if Salento is the famousest village of the area, my personal opinion is that it is too turistic. Filandia is an authentic, quiet, beautifull and real coffee town. I`ve stayed in Bidea Hostel and I really loved it.

Posted by Maria Arias, 15th June 2014

Hello, this comment is for Ruben Campos... I was wondering if you knew useful tips for entering and leaving Colombia by foot. We are planning on sailing from Panama and then leave Colombia into Ecuador. Is it safe to cross the Colombian/Ecuadorian border this way? Any particular cities that we should go through? Thanks :)

Posted by Pamela, 19th August 2008

I agree with all the positive comments. I was born in Bogota, Colombia and visit family for a month at least once a year. The news are always going to portray only the worse in countries. In order for you to know exactly how wonderful Colombia is, you need to visit and experience all it's culture for yourself.

Posted by Michelle, 14th August 2008
Mike Glazier

My wife and I have just returned to Spain from a month's long holiday in Colombia, Medellin and Bogota. I know that Colombia has a bad name by some, if not many but we found nothing but good to speak about it. Colombia is a beautiful country, rich in culture, geology and history. The people are wonderfully kind and generous given the chance to get to know them. We look forward to our return visit but before then I will ensure Colombia receives the good press it deserves te hecho de menos Colombia!

Posted by Mike Glazier, 03rd May 2008

Colombia and its new Government are back. I had not traveled to Colombia in 24 years. Now I am there almost once a month. It is a wonderful place, filled with beautiful people and great food. The world news has it all wrong, but like with any other place just don't go into the bad parts. If anybody needs any advice you can send me a question...

Posted by Ruben Campos, 29th October 2007

Really like your site... It's bright, cheerful and easy to use. My girlfriend and I have fallen in love with Colombia and have decided to settle down in the south of the country and start a hostel. For anyone planning a trip to South America, I can whole heartedly recommend this beautiful country.

Posted by Tony Clark, 09th May 2007

I am a Brt. I came here on a two-year contract....over 30 years ago! I am still here; still teaching. Do not believe all that you read in the press/see on TV. Colombians in general are wonderful people and this is a most beautiful and varied country.-

Posted by Jeremy Stendall, 31st August 2006
Full Name
Email Address
Comments
Photograph

Your email address is required so we can verify that the comment is genuine. It will not be posted anywhere on the site, will be stored confidentially by us and never given out to any third party.

Please note that any viewpoints published here as comments are user's views and not the views of The Guides Network (Fubra Ltd)